BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Alandra's visit with her Mimi

This is from my Mom (Mimi)...Alandra went to stay the night @ her house and said some cute things ...

Janci,

There are 3 things that I want you to write in your memories book.

When we were getting the pics the other day......Alandra was on the floor and we had just taken the good close up of her face..the photographer was telling her one thing, you were telling her something and I was telling her something else......she collapsed on the floor from sheer confusion....Bronson pipes out loud and clear, "We didn't tell you to play DEAD!!" Too funny. (did you tell Shannon that one?)

Alandra and I were on the way to BR to spend the night. She was watching the dark clouds moving swiftly with very small breaks in the clouds that showed blue sky above....after looking so intently into the sky, she said in a clear small voice, "Mimi, I think God is playing peek-a-boo with me through those clouds!" Priceless.......out of the mouths of babes!!!

Sunday morning, I am giving her good morning kisses and rubs to wake Alandra. She seems fine, then gets a sad look on her face and says, "Mimi?" I asked what she wanted and she said, "never mind". I asked "What is wrong?", she said "nothing". I then asked if she had a bad dream, she nodded that she did, but does not want to tell me about it...Then her eyes brighten and small smile comes to her lips and she said that it was ok because she "Hummed it away". I said what do you mean, you hummed the nightmare away?....she said that was what she did, so she could go back to sleep. I think that is about the sweetest thing anyone could ever say......much less a child of 4 years.. I gave her a big hug and told her that was the best idea that I had ever heard and that I would try that next time I had a nightmare....

To see simple things through the eyes of a child is such a blessing...Thank you Lord, for the sweet innocence of children's minds.
I love my grandbabies to pieces!!!!!!!

0 comments: